Monday, October 29, 2007

Don't You Just Love The Whine Of The Baby Boomers? The "Greatest Generation That Destroyed America By Sitting On It's ASS?


“Now I'm startin' to get riled!” exclaims a reader. “I am one of the baby boomers your namby-pamby writer was so upset with. He proceeded to rant and rave about how he and his wife had paid 150,000 into Social Security already and how I was stealing his children blind.
“Well, my wife and I have been paying into Social Security since your writer was peeing in his diapers. Quite frankly, I don't even want to think about how much we have paid into the system so far. However, with your writer's generous ‘dividends, interest, capital gains and compounding’ I am sure it goes well into seven figures. “Further, with the new ‘means testing’ that I am confident is coming down the pipe, it is quite likely I will never see a stinking penny of it again. “So when your 44-year-old writer wants to bitch and complain about how I am stealing 350,000 from his children, I hope he will think about the $1 million-plus that will most likely be stolen from me. And in the 26 years he has been a voter, I haven't seen him materially address the problem. As for his closing remark, all I can say is, ‘Back at ya, buddy!’"
SOUND OF CANNONS RESPONDS: So… your money has been confiscated and pissed away, too. But you’re pissed because more of yours has been taken than his. And like the rest of us, you don’t expect to see any of it back. Why are you hurling epithets at each other?
We feel a bit like Jerry Springer on the issue of entitlement spending. Like child molestation or cheating spouses, the sooner we get the subject on the mat, the sooner the healing can begin… if there’s such thing as healing for the victims of such self-indulgent and egregious crimes.
The rapscallions we’ve sent to Washington don’t dare discuss the subject publicly. When we approached Nancy Pelosi, for example, to be interviewed for our documentary, she replied: “Who in the hell would make a movie about the federal debt!” She declined the interview. As have all the candidates running for president in 2008… except for Ron Paul.

No comments: